Presidential debate tonight 9/10/24 at 9pm est

• Thread starter Thread starter Totally Bored
  • Start date Start date
he couldn’t grasp the concept the first 2 times so I tried all caps on the 3rd. Giving him the benefit of the doubt here
That’s because it’s not a concept. It’s some ridiculous shit that exists only in your hormone addled brain. Stealing a gun doesn’t make you a gun owner dipshit.

That’s because it’s not a concept. It’s some ridiculous shit that exists only in your hormone addled brain. Stealing a gun doesn’t make you a gun owner dipshit.
The concept that we are talking about gun violence. You are struggling with it still I see

@Dan Gleesak What is you definition of an irresponsible gun owner?

@Dan Gleesak What is you definition of an irresponsible gun owner?

All I was trying to say was that gun owners in general are not the problem. I know many of them so I’m trying not to shit on them.

It seems blatantly obvious that the gun problem comes from problem people. It’s an extension of “people kill people”. It’s the problem people that kill people, not respectful gun owners. Does that make sense?

An irresponsible owner is one that either uses it to kill for any reason than simply protecting themselves, or letting anyone besides themselves handle their gun. I’m frankly astonished by the blowback here

25 pages of nafarious dark web robots posing as "rt members" posting for the virtues of trumpism yay - [pun]
Hell try 16 yrs worth.
3 strikes yer out.

I mean what fucking planet does “irresponsible gun owners kill people” not explicitly imply that responsible gun owners are not the problem? You fuckheads argue with people even when they agree with you lol

I mean what fucking planet does “irresponsible gun owners kill people” not explicitly imply that responsible gun owners are not the problem? You fuckheads argue with people even when they agree with you lol
Calling bangers and other armed criminals “ irresponsible gun owners” is absurd and mind numbingly retarded.

All I was trying to say was that gun owners in general are not the problem. I know many of them so I’m trying not to shit on them.

It seems blatantly obvious that the gun problem comes from problem people. It’s an extension of “people kill people”. It’s the problem people that kill people, not respectful gun owners. Does that make sense?

An irresponsible owner is one that either uses it to kill for any reason than simply protecting themselves, or letting anyone besides themselves handle their gun. I’m frankly astonished by the blowback here

So by you're definition a hunter is an irresponsible gun owner, a person who participates in competitive shooting is an irresponsible gun owner, A person who allows their friend to use their firearm while training them on safety is an irresponsible gun owner, a son using their father's shotgun while they squirrel hunt together is an irresponsible gun owner. I could go on with more examples of what almost anyone would consider responsible that by your definition would be irresponsible.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt here. I do not think you are claiming nay of the above are actually irresponsible gun owners. I'm assuming you're trying to say that an irresponsible gun owner is someone who uses a firearm for criminal activities or allows another to use their firearm for criminal activities. The issue here is most people would forego saying irresponsible and flat out say criminal.

My (and likely a high number of people's) definition of an irresponsible gun owner is:
#1. Someone who operates the firearm in an unsafe manner. This would include not always treating it like it was loaded, finger on trigger when not intending to fire, not paying attention to the direction of the muzzle/not always keeping the firearm pointed downrange.
#2. Someone who does not make a best effort to secure their firearms with children/underaged or someone who may be inclined to use a firearm in an illegal manner are living in the house.

We can agree to disagree on it, but saying a criminal is an irresponsible gun owner is playing semantics. A criminal is a criminal. Criminals don't care about responsibility or the law.

You being astonished doesn’t surprise me in the least. It’s like calling Ted Bundy a male chauvinist.

So by you're definition a hunter is an irresponsible gun owner, a person who participates in competitive shooting is an irresponsible gun owner, A person who allows their friend to use their firearm while training them on safety is an irresponsible gun owner, a son using their father's shotgun while they squirrel hunt together is an irresponsible gun owner. I could go on with more examples of what almost anyone would consider responsible that by your definition would be irresponsible.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt here. I do not think you are claiming nay of the above are actually irresponsible gun owners. I'm assuming you're trying to say that an irresponsible gun owner is someone who uses a firearm for criminal activities or allows another to use their firearm for criminal activities. The issue here is most people would forego saying irresponsible and flat out say criminal.

My (and likely a high number of people's) definition of an irresponsible gun owner is:
#1. Someone who operates the firearm in an unsafe manner. This would include not always treating it like it was loaded, finger on trigger when not intending to fire, not paying attention to the direction of the muzzle/not always keeping the firearm pointed downrange.
#2. Someone who does not make a best effort to secure their firearms with children/underaged or someone who may be inclined to use a firearm in an illegal manner are living in the house.

We can agree to disagree on it, but saying a criminal is an irresponsible gun owner is playing semantics. A criminal is a criminal. Criminals don't care about responsibility or the law.

You are pushing the semantics by saying criminals don’t count as gun owners. You are just trying to distance the correlation between guns and gun crime.

Back