Presidential debate tonight 9/10/24 at 9pm est

• Thread starter Thread starter Totally Bored
  • Start date Start date
Thats because you aren’t able to admit that guns exasperate crime
If there were no guns, rocks would exasperate crime. Or sticks. It’s a stupid fucking argument. Especially in light of the fact that some dumbasses think that passing laws will keep criminals, pardon me, irresponsible gun owners, from getting them and using them to commit crimes.

If there were no guns, rocks would exasperate crime. Or sticks. It’s a stupid fucking argument. Especially in light of the fact that some dumbasses think that passing laws will keep criminals, pardon me, irresponsible gun owners, from getting them and using them to commit crimes.
Stop being a simpleton. The only people who talk about having no guns are people afraid of losing their guns.

You are pushing the semantics by saying criminals don’t count as gun owners. You are just trying to distance the correlation between guns and gun crime.

You're putting words into my mouth. I'm not trying to distance that correlation. Obviously a gun would be used in a gun crime.
And I don't see it that way. It's not playing semantics. Criminals are not gun owners. The legal definition of ownership is the legal right to use, possess, and give away a thing. Criminals are not allowed to legally possess a firearm in any capacity. Therefore they do not own it, they are illegally possessing it.

You're putting words into my mouth. I'm not trying to distance that correlation. Obviously a gun would be used in a gun crime.
And I don't see it that way. It's not playing semantics. Criminals are not gun owners. The legal definition of ownership is the legal right to use, possess, and give away a thing. Criminals are not allowed to legally possess a firearm in any capacity. Therefore they do not own it, they are illegally possessing it.
What about gun owners that go on to commit a crime?

Are we still going on about guns? You don't need them... my hands are trained and registered as deadly weapons. My one inch punch can hit you at a distance of 25.4mm

given my explanation of why I specified “irresponsible” instead of gun owners in general, you don’t believe your picking apart of “ownership” is purely semantics.
Given the context of what I said, do you really think it matters?

given my explanation of why I specified “irresponsible” instead of gun owners in general, you don’t believe your picking apart of “ownership” is purely semantics.
I support guns because if you can't own them then no one can play cowboys and indians.

Just left Starbucks® with this banger..

EoEqt5X.jpg

No I don't. I was using examples to highlight a flaw in your definition by most standards; I even said as much.
Yes it does matter. It's part of being able to see others' point of view. If you don't understand/accept my definition of irresponsible gun owner and vice-versa we'll just be talking in circles about 2 different things. I understand you are equating irresponsible with criminal activity. I equate it with being unsafe. Criminal activity and safety do not have a direct correlation.

Back