PSA - Pointless Ad-hominem Attacks - Updated 2023-10-26

• Thread starter Thread starter Monkey Man
  • Start date Start date
I think one of the best things about this place is the ability to tell people exactly what you think... but am I wrong here or is the premise to stop with the constant back-and-forth attacks in every damn thread, calling people slurs and then other things like changing people's poast to say something sexual they did not say?
The sexual stuff goes 'cause it takes the sub-forum into the gutter.

The usual low-level ad-hominem stuff will be unavoidable in the real world, but it's up to the forum to let our peers know when they ought to give it a rest 'cause they're boring us, no?

"You're stupid"... "no, you're dumb"... "but you're dumber"...

Ya know?

The sexual stuff goes 'cause it takes the sub-forum into the gutter.

The usual low-level ad-hominem stuff will be unavoidable in the real world, but it's up to the forum to let our peers know when they ought to give it a rest 'cause they're boring us, no?

"You're stupid"... "no, you're dumb"... "but you're dumber"...

Ya know?
Right, How many times can a girl show how ignorant she is by changing other poasters quotes to say something sexual???

I just don't see the back-and-forth stopping without making a few examples... But those of us that would like for it to stop have to hope the dumbasess that like wallering in shit all day will do everyone a favor, keep being a dumbass and see themselves out.

But I think it's like @CRAIG4FSU said... it's also hard to look away.

~ss

You cool with that Monkey.. That man is slapping you in the face..
No, he's not.

If anything, he's helping to demonstrate what the rules actually are by prompting reactions such as yours:

Was it ad hominem? If so, towards who?

See? Ad hominem is latin for "to the person". Doesn't apply to a group, only an individual.

How can we contribute to this future publication written by ShredSquatch .
Well, thanks but It's still in the works... thankfully this site and others are providing some great research material so it will be well worth it... there will also be lots of memes and small words, with occasional big ones and definitions so there are not any misunderstandings.

I'll definitely give you guys a signed copy with a significant discount.

~ss

OK, the "Donny's a homosexual" part is a trans(!)gression.

If he's not homosexual, it's an inferred / implied insult. It shouldn't be ("not that there's anything wrong with that" springs to mind), but if I had to make a call I'd say it was intended to be so.

Hope these examples are helping you guys; please just don't take it to the point of trolling me. :gethim: :LOL:

First lesson...
Do you get it, understand the following gif???
First hint: that is not MonkeyMan.

monkey-dog.gif

Follow me for moar life hacks.

~ss

OK, the "Donny's a homosexual" part is a trans(!)gression.

If he's not homosexual, it's an inferred / implied insult. It shouldn't be ("not that there's anything wrong with that" springs to mind), but if I had to make a call I'd say it was intended to be so.

Hope these examples are helping you guys; please just don't take it to the point of trolling me. :gethim: :LOL:
Donnys not a member, like Jesus. Not trolling just making a point

I would bet the house all the liberals contacted Mr. Monkey and complained .
Could be. :dunno:

Leave Mr. Monkey alone he's busy working his monkey I mean busy doing Super Moderator type tasks .
In fact I've asked PM'ers to question me publicly in this thread if need be.

No sense in repeating myself ad-nauseum; we have enough of that here already. :LOL:

I appreciate your concern brother; it was well-founded and well-intended. :thumbsup:

Back