The dumb Biden and Trump debate

• Thread starter Thread starter acceptance
  • Start date Start date
The overwhelming majority of the scientific and medical communities say it was safe and effective. It’s not just me.
Yeah. You say the overwhelming majority of scientists say man made global warming is at catastrophic levels too.

Yeah. You say the overwhelming majority of scientists say man made global warming is at catastrophic levels too.
jjjj.gif

No I haven’t. I’ve told you to ignore the “catastrophic” headlines and look at the data, because there is not a single study out there that does not show a warming trend.

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
No I haven’t. I’ve told you to ignore the “catastrophic” headlines and look at the data, because there is not a single study out there that does not show a warming trend.
I don't know if that's true or not but even if, it has to be taken in context and regardless it hasn't been conclusively determined to be the result of human activity.

I don't know if that's true or not but even if, it has to be taken in context and regardless it hasn't been conclusively determined to be the result of human activity.

It can be proved that human activity creates processes that can be proved to warm the earth. It will never be able to be proved more so than that.

Also as I’ve said countless times, stressing human activity is not because it’s the most catastrophic, but because it is the only one we have control over. It is our only opportunity to lessen the blow

:unsure:

COVID-19 lockdowns temporarily raised global temperatures, research shows​

The lockdowns and reduced societal activity related to the COVID-19 pandemic affected emissions of pollutants in ways that slightly warmed the planet for several months last year, according to new research. The counterintuitive finding highlights the influence of airborne particles, or aerosols, that block incoming sunlight.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/02/210202164535.htm

:unsure:

COVID-19 lockdowns temporarily raised global temperatures, research shows​

The lockdowns and reduced societal activity related to the COVID-19 pandemic affected emissions of pollutants in ways that slightly warmed the planet for several months last year, according to new research. The counterintuitive finding highlights the influence of airborne particles, or aerosols, that block incoming sunlight.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/02/210202164535.htm

I’m curious what your takeaway from that is

My takeaway is that the reduction of human activity is linked to an increase in global temperature. What is your takeaway?

My takeaway is that the reduction of human activity is linked to an increase in global temperature. What is your takeaway?
My takeaway is the words of the actual author of the study

“Despite the short-term warming effects, Gettelman emphasized that the long-term impact of the pandemic may be to slightly slow climate change because of reduced emissions of carbon dioxide, which lingers in the atmosphere for decades and has a more gradual influence on climate. In contrast, aerosols -- the focus of the new study -- have a more immediate impact that fades away within a few years.“

“Although the research illustrates how aerosols counter the warming influence of greenhouse gases, he emphasized that emitting more of them into the lower atmosphere is not a viable strategy for slowing climate change.”

I also found it interesting they used land temps and not oceanic

My takeaway is the words of the actual author of the study

“Despite the short-term warming effects, Gettelman emphasized that the long-term impact of the pandemic may be to slightly slow climate change because of reduced emissions of carbon dioxide, which lingers in the atmosphere for decades and has a more gradual influence on climate. In contrast, aerosols -- the focus of the new study -- have a more immediate impact that fades away within a few years.“

“Although the research illustrates how aerosols counter the warming influence of greenhouse gases, he emphasized that emitting more of them into the lower atmosphere is not a viable strategy for slowing climate change.”

I also found it interesting they used land temps and not oceanic
You're free to take away from the study whatever you choose. The guy might be right, I guess we'll have to wait and see, and then determine if this forecasted lowering of temps can in fact be linked to the reduction in human activity during the pandemic. Personally I think the stronger takeway is the immediate empirical data that is currently available, IE reduced human activity lead to increased temps.

Wait, isn't carbon dioxide what plants need to grow? Water, sun and carbon dioxide? Doesn't the ocean emit carbon dioxide? If you go back a few thousand years in the earths history, isn't the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere higher? How come there was no problem back then?

Because google says it's bad.

If the USA didn't emit any carbon dioxide at all, it would lower the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere by 2%.

You're free to take away from the study whatever you choose. The guy might be right, I guess we'll have to wait and see, and then determine if this forecasted lowering of temps can in fact be linked to the reduction in human activity during the pandemic. Personally I think the stronger takeway is the immediate empirical data that is currently available, IE reduced human activity lead to increased temps.

But just to be clear, aerosols while man made, are not greenhouse gasses.

Wait, isn't carbon dioxide what plants need to grow? Water, sun and carbon dioxide? Doesn't the ocean emit carbon dioxide? If you go back a few thousand years in the earths history, isn't the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere higher? How come there was no problem back then?

Because google says it's bad.

No one is trying to eliminate carbon Dioxide lol

Google doesn’t say it is bad. When I researched its use as a covid treatment and it had all kinds of good things to say about it. Treating covid wasn’t one of them though.

Google doesn’t say it is bad. When I researched its use as a covid treatment and it had all kinds of good things to say about it. Treating covid wasn’t one of them though.
You should pay me for making you not so stupid.

Back