Whats up with the eclipse frenzy. Damn people all hyped up

• Thread starter Thread starter 70 Mach 1
  • Start date Start date
Hey anyrir, do you know anyone who has experienced a total eclipse?

I think you’re probably the only one in the entire population of Astronomy enthusiasts on this spinning ball earth.

Maybe. I highly doubt it though.
Hey anyrir, do you know anyone who has experienced a total eclipse?

Don’t really care man. I know a bunch of people that saw it yesterday. Talked to a few today. The experience has very little, if anything to do with why I enjoy learning about the topic. I’m not sure where your disconnect is for understanding that

And what did they say when you said you didn’t care to see it, weren’t interested, etc.?
They really didn’t care. You are the only person who cares lol.
It’s great that it got people looking up. It’s helping space be cool again. Even you know what the corona is now.
But I personally have no interest in watching one. Kinda like the Super Bowl. Don’t care

But I personally have no interest in watching one
The disconnect is you claim to be interested in space, but don’t seem to be interested enough to drive a few hours to see the Corona with your own eyes.

They weren’t surprised? …don’t believe you 🤣
Not at all. Why would they be?

I did in 2017 too 🙄

Ok?

The disconnect is you claim to be interested in space, but don’t seem to be interested enough to drive a few hours to see the Corona with your own eyes.

Yes. Don’t really give a shit about the corona. I’ve seen it through a telescope plenty of times.
Read my response to Von again and try and understand why I really don’t give a shit about it. It’s cool, not interesting. You are so weird

I’ve seen dozens of supposed pics of the earth from space with stars in the background and the earth is more reflective than the moon 🤔
Hang on a sec Dan...

The moon's more-reflective, isn't it? :confused:

AFAIC it's an argument for design, its being covered in what's basically silicon dust, perfect for providing moonlight.

Not at all. Why would they be?
Ummm. I’ve never heard of anyone that wasn’t impacted.

IMG_8225.jpeg

IMG_8224.jpeg

All i can say is that you just can’t know unless you experience it. But it’s up to you, obviously. If you’re just oppositional like VB (and me) that’s cool, but I hope for your own sake you get to see experience it someday!

AFAIC it's an argument for design, its being covered in what's basically silicon dust, perfect for providing moonlight.

It's like the eclipse caused you and Daniel to switch personalities. Now you're getting all space boi and he's like "effin bullshit waste of time". I'm digging this shifting reality a helluva lot more than the eclipse. That was much ado about absolutely nothing. Maybe it's time for me and Daniel to task you on this, rig talk OT style. LOL

It's like the eclipse caused you and Daniel to switch personalities. Now you're getting all space boi and he's like "effin bullshit waste of time". I'm digging this shifting reality a helluva lot more than the eclipse. That was much ado about absolutely nothing. Maybe it's time for me and Daniel to task you on this, rig talk OT style. LOL
It’s weirding me out too honestly 🤣 …I was just listening to that interview and he was talking about space travel and I was like “Right on man” 🤣 …seriously though, if it was cloudy you didn’t experience it, even if you were dead center in the path!

It’s weirding me out too honestly 🤣 …I was just listening to that interview and he was talking about space travel and I was like “Right on man” 🤣 …seriously though, if it was cloudy you didn’t see it, even if you were dead center in the path!
I did go out to the truck to look for something and I could see the crescent through the clouds. Meh, big deal. it gets dark every night I don't see what the big deal is about it getting dark for 3 minutes in the daytime. I'm with Daniel on this one. Just not interesting. I can see how he's more into the mystery of the heavens as I call them than some pop culture level eclipse. I did make good money in tips last weekend. People from the UK and elsewhere coming here for a three minute show. I call that more money than brains but no complaints since it went into my pocket. I just shake my head internally, wished them well, and told them not to get sunburned during the eclipse.

Everyone was saying I should watch it that means I'm not watching it. Kinda like the super bowl, which strangely, me and Daniel also agree on.

I did go out to the truck to look for something and I could see the crescent through the clouds. Meh, big deal. it gets dark every night I don't see what the big deal is about it getting dark for 3 minutes in the daytime. I'm with Daniel on this one. Just not interesting. I can see how he's more into the mystery of the heavens as I call them than some pop culture level eclipse. I did make good money in tips last weekend. People from the UK and elsewhere coming here for a three minute show. I call that more money than brains but no complaints since it went into my pocket. I just shake my head internally, wished them well, and told them not to get sunburned during the eclipse.

Everyone was saying I should watch it that means I'm not watching it. Kinda like the super bowl, which strangely, me and Daniel also agree on.
I guess we...didn't make it

I'm with Daniel on this one. Just not interesting
I get not being interested. I wasn’t particularly in 2017. But like I said, it’s just impossible to understand until you actually experience it — the totality with clear skies. I seriously doubt that anyone could walk away unimpressed but i guess it’s possible. Partial at 99% and total makes all the difference. I think I’ve repeated this like twenty times now so I’ll stop 🤣

Back