Best of All Worlds Tour announced by Sammy Hagar

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
I'm all for tributes and reunions, even with missing members, but Satch should have worked on it a bit more. That Summer Nights rendition is painful to hear LOL :

I dunno, looks like they are going to have fun and make a little dough....

I happen to be a big Hagar fan before his tenure in VH. I'll go see them if I can

Also a huge fan of Michael

Got to enjoy some of his hot sauce and beer with hot sauce a little over a year ago. I always forget how tall I am compared to him....lol... very nice family too!

20220730_180042.jpg

There will never be complete vh without vh.
However I would gladly go see thrse guys.
I'm certain it is still a good show, they are having fun .
That should make tge crowd have fun too !
Count me in !

I’m all for these guys doing their thing. Fully support it. And Satriani is an amazing player, but I’ve grown to really hate his tone. It’s so fuzzy and tubby. Great player, but that tone.

^agreed

Luckily I got to see the reunion tours with DLR in 2011 and 2015 I think it was.

I just read that DLR and Alex were invited to participate in this "Tribute" tour and come on stage at any time and they refused. Because I respect those 2 so much more than Sammy and Joe, I will probably not go either. I know that may seem silly to some, but $400 to go see Joe and Sammy is not for me.

If ya guys watch the rest of the Stern vids, Sammy lets on that those performances ARE their rehearsal. Satch is clearly tense, like almost deer-in-headlights as I’d imagine ANY fucking guitar player playing EVH tunes for millions of people listening to a broadcast would be, never mind the additional concessions of not rehearsing with the band previously and using a modeler he’s never used in a ‘live’ setting before.

Hahaha I’m quite sure Satch is well aware of the eyes on him and I’d imagine he’s spending this week avoiding the internet as a result. :LOL:

All in all, the performances were exactly what I’d expect from telling a few professional musicians “Learn these VH tunes, we’re not going to rehearse so get them as tight as you can, first time we’re playing together is on Stern” Satch got the notes right, but only time is going to allow for the groove to set in between the members.

I’ll be going to the first night of the tour. I normally won’t drop more than $100 on a ticket in favor of a slightly better seat, but in this case I can score tickets directly behind the soundboard for $150, so fuck it.

^agreed

Luckily I got to see the reunion tours with DLR in 2011 and 2015 I think it was.

I just read that DLR and Alex were invited to participate in this "Tribute" tour and come on stage at any time and they refused. Because I respect those 2 so much more than Sammy and Joe, I will probably not go either. I know that may seem silly to some, but $400 to go see Joe and Sammy is not for me.

Did they actually refuse or just not comment yet? DLR is of no surprise here, he’s not even a fan of all the records HE’S on in VH (he’s the reason Different Kind Of Truth isn’t available on streaming) and there’s plenty of history of him being a little bitch with Sammy, but Alex is a different story. I get the idea Alex was just happy to be out back playing drums with his brother and anything more than that he‘s got zero interest in.

If ya guys watch the rest of the Stern vids, Sammy lets on that those performances ARE their rehearsal. Satch is clearly tense, like almost deer-in-headlights as I’d imagine ANY fucking guitar player playing EVH tunes for millions of people listening to a broadcast would be, never mind the additional concessions of not rehearsing with the band previously and using a modeler he’s never used in a ‘live’ setting before.

Hahaha I’m quite sure Satch is well aware of the eyes on him and I’d imagine he’s spending this week avoiding the internet as a result. :LOL:

All in all, the performances were exactly what I’d expect from telling a few professional musicians “Learn these VH tunes, we’re not going to rehearse so get them as tight as you can, first time we’re playing together is on Stern” Satch got the notes right, but only time is going to allow for the groove to set in between the members.

I’ll be going to the first night of the tour. I normally won’t drop more than $100 on a ticket in favor of a slightly better seat, but in this case I can score tickets directly behind the soundboard for $150, so fuck it.

this is where i get confused... they announce an arena tour that im sure took months and months to arrange, they get booked to go on the howard show where they know millions are gonna see and hear and generate all sorts of news and threads like this, and what do they do but show up unrehearsed with a bunch of bullshit gear sounding brutal.. what a great tribute to ed lol. the arenas will be full with though with people spending hundreds to see this, i just dont understand :dunno:

Dude, the world is literally 5 billion years old and we all somehow got to live at the same time as Van Halen.

These are literally some of the best songs that have ever been written. None of them have really been properly played live in the past 20 years. Sammy still sounds great. Satch knows what he's doing.

Go to the show. Get drunk, let loose and enjoy some of the best music that's ever been played. You'll regret it if you don't.

id rather sit home and jerk off

this is where i get confused... they announce an arena tour that im sure took months and months to arrange, they get booked to go on the howard show where they know millions are gonna see and hear and generate all sorts of news and threads like this, and what do they do but show up unrehearsed with a bunch of bullshit gear sounding brutal.. what a great tribute to ed lol. the arenas will be full with though with people spending hundreds to see this, i just dont understand :dunno:

Probably scheduling issues. Can’t say I’ve ever once heard of anyone saying “Man, I really can’t wait to show up unrehearsed and unprepared to play for millions of people”, I have my doubts that went down as a perfect situation.

Man, tough crowd around here....

As for Satriani, I love his tone and songs on this album:

Michael Anthony has song writing credits on the Roth stuff....
Which ones again? Like, what parts specifically did he contribute? I love Michael BTW. Nothing but respect for him. He literally made a lot of those Van Halen songs very memorable with his chorus singing. He def got the raw end of the deal in that band.

They did Panama and RWTD when San was in Van Halen
Oh I know. And others too. I'm just saying unless Michael wrote those songs it is a bit of stretch. What would Edward, Alex and David say about all of this.

Which ones again? Like, what parts specifically did he contribute? I love Michael BTW. Nothing but respect for him. He literally made a lot of those Van Halen songs very memorable with his chorus singing. He def got the raw end of the deal in that band.

Oh I know. And others too. I'm just saying unless Michael wrote those songs it is a bit of stretch. What would Edward, Alex and David say about all of this.
I think those songs will be played because of Michael’s presence on this tour and they’re casual fan favorites. Those and any other DLR tunes Mike will probably handle vocals with Sam contributing. What would Ed , Al and Dave say ? Probably nothing to the press

I dunno, looks like they are going to have fun and make a little dough....

I happen to be a big Hagar fan before his tenure in VH. I'll go see them if I can

Also a huge fan of Michael

Got to enjoy some of his hot sauce and beer with hot sauce a little over a year ago. I always forget how tall I am compared to him....lol... very nice family too!

View attachment 265116
I believe that's Mr. GIlmore's jacket!

No doubt he didn't give you any crap when you asked for his autograph!

I believe that's Mr. GIlmore's jacket!

No doubt he didn't give you any crap when you asked for his autograph!

I didn't ask for his autograph, he was a regular at this brewery before he move to Balboa in the OC. I live five minutes from his old pad in Glendora that he just sold...

I looked up tickets close to where I live and the worst seat available is $168 and for the good seats were $368 and I just can't pay that price I've seen them three times with Sammy once with Gary cherone and once with David Lee Roth and without Eddie I just can't pay those prices.

Back