Hell Razor noodling clip. Everyone’s favorite! Fuel and I disappear! Lol

• Thread starter Thread starter Tone Monster
  • Start date Start date
wow big statement! Looks like im ordering one!

insane punch?
Like the others already said, it is the punchiest amp I’ve tried (it’s main forte), maybe also the most defined, and the MC and MTL I had were not its level

No piece of gear I’ve tried period is perfect or has it all. I admittedly still wish the mids on wizards had more growl and tonal character like good Marshall’s, but as an overall package still one of my top 3 high gain amps for me at least. It’s a powerhouse and one of the few non-vintage amps to impress me

Since these amps were announced I've wondered how the 120w KT66 version would sound.

Those seem like great tubes for the Hell Razor. KT66's are a lot like 6L6 tubes in damping factor, great for more modern sounds with their slightly extended lows and highs (yes I know tubes don't have an inherent tone but this is how it usually shakes out) but with with slightly clearer mids than 6L6's.

Seems like the perfect tube for a modern super high gainer. I'd love to be able to A/B a KT88 vs KT66 Hell Razor but I doubt I'll ever be in that position so I can't know for sure, but it's interesting to think about.

wow big statement! Looks like im ordering one! Lol
I can confidently say that my kt150 hell razor is the best amp I’ve played. I haven’t played camerons or Larrys , but you can see below all the amps I’ve owned.

The thump is tremendous, but the amp is still crazy tight and cutting, and the note clarity is possibly the best I’ve seen. The gain staging options are wild-

1 saturation knob,
Gains 3 and 2 for lower frequency saturation and higher frequency saturation
Gain 1 as a master gain,
Pull boost from the clean channel that effects the lead channel,
Pull boost on saturation, on gain 3, and on gain two
Two bright knobs, and a pull mid shift. Two inputs for gain levels. Even the clean which is a single knob is surprisingly really nice, and you can go from edge of breakup to meshuggah to doom on the main channel. Stuff like my Uber rev 1 beat it on thickness, and mi beta on sub lows, and Hermansson (by not that much) on tightness, but it does everything at a high level and a lot of things on a level I haven’t seen other amps do- to me this is the best amp that you could buy today, and I would argue the best amp period.

Back